Friday 2 March 2012

On the Summer hill


Another battle lost on the summer hill, where days before, the general did give a reassuring speech of sure victory. For long before the battle became a must, the enemy a she, was a tender friend - holding hands and touching cheeks, having conversations until midnight dreams. All the while, between us there was another. I never saw him a threat but a threat he came to be. Slowly our affections shared, till it was clear that ours were fading, but all for him grew. Never I knew such jealousy in me dwelt, till at last, I saw them mouth to mouth. All this I saw as a declaration of war, so I decreed a war on the summer hill, where my men all fought till the last, and she plunged the last bow into my broken heart. What love has brought three nations to try because of jealousy and lust availing in me.  

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...